Thursday, May 20, 2010

Flower Loom

I'm working on a special project for which I needed a flower loom.  So I've taken a flower making detour, and it's been fun.  I think my favorites are the ones made with the thin cotton twine and the little black daisy. This site has tons and tons of tutorials for making all kinds of flowers, with different centers and petal styles.  I really had no idea what I was getting myself into when I bought this. 

What I have figured out so far is that, to make simple flowers (like the ones below) all you need to do is be consistent when wrapping the yarn around the spokes. The pattern isn't as important as wrapping each one in the same direction.  There are lots of different techniques; I still haven't quite figured out the fancy woven centers, but I am having fun experimenting with different yarns.









No comments:

Post a Comment