Monday, February 1, 2010

And Finally

We've finally put together some new posts for the etsy shop. . . For some reason lately I've been obsessed with rings, so we decided to put together some ring sets for the discerning consumer. Previously, since the process of fusing the silver makes each ring unique and one of a kind, we listed each ring individually. This was time consuming and really ended up being inefficient. So, we decided to break down the rings into categories--This way, while each ring is truly unique, one can choose the style and we'll make a ring to fit. This simplifies the posting process immensely, (we don't have to photograph each individual ring 5 times and post every. single. one.) and it makes a larger size range available to the customer (you don't have to leave empty handed if we don't have yours available). It's nice to find a solution to a problem.

I'm really excited about the rings because they are so much fun to make. I just can't get the hang of soldering--you have to have a level of perfectionism (which I certainly don't) that makes me want to avoid the whole process. So I've found a solution: instead of soldering the ends of the wire together, I can melt them. This, of course, doesn't create a smooth join, but it does give me lots of opportunities for adventure. Each ring is completely unique due to the nature of this process, and when they are stacked together I like putting the little melted nugget on top; it creates a great variegated line up the rings. (I also tend to stack, like, ten on my fingers when I wear them)


These are the simple fused wire stacking rings:
I learned how to twist wire via this instructable.
Pebble rings:
And vine rings:


No comments:

Post a Comment