Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Kitchen



It's not really a secret that I love jars.  When we moved, we got rid of everything and I had this grand idea to only use jars as drinking glasses.  I would (and still do occasionally) buy items at the store because I liked the jar it came in.  Of course, some just won't work as a drinking glass but still can be very useful, and I felt wasteful throwing them away--so I ended up with a large surplus of glass bottles and jars that were accumulating at a fairly alarming rate.  Since then I've found a solution in using them as storage containers.  I had bought some plastic kitchen storage bins to keep things like rice and sugar, but I stopped using them because I like my solution better.  I'll use sharpie to label the contents and it washes right off when I reuse the jar for something else.










No comments:

Post a Comment