Monday, August 23, 2010

Hats!

I made a hat last week; I know it's still a bit to hot for hats, but I also know I'll want one before too long. . . We stopped by the Yarn Garden in Portland and picked up this mohair/alpaca blend.  I really like the creamy neutral color.  I didn't have a pattern, so I just went at it starting with a double crochet circle, trying to keep it as flat as possible until  I felt it was big enough, and then I started to decrease.



I'm very proud of the pattern on the bottom: it's front post and back post double crochet, made to look like ribbing.  I have never successfully made this happen before--it's definitely something I'll be playing around with in the future.

And I think (hope) there's enough yarn left to make another, so I'm opting for a slightly more lacy pattern.  If I get good (and fast) enough at making hats, we'll have another offering at the shop this winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment