Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Old Things

We've got a table at the BIM again, and this weekend is the annual steampunk fashion show.  It's not actually at the tent (it's a few subway stops up) but we're going to make a few special pieces anyways.  I am excited to get into my boxes of old, antiquey trash and play around with some new things.   I've compiled some of my inspiration today, and I'll show you what I've been working on soon!

I love this keyhole bracelet from Daniellerosebean:


And these brass filagree bead earrings from EricaWeinerJewelry (but of course I covet everything in her shop):


I love this key brooch from Redheart13:


But the queen of assemblage is Sparrow Salvage.  Her pieces are always fantastically pieced together, and she has a great blog too! (And I'm in love with her new collection postcards)


So I'm going to be using up some of my collection of lace, leather, old chains, brass findings, and bits of broken old jewelry.

This is what my table looks like now:


I'm having so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment