Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Warm Days!

There are a lot of great old trees in our neighborhood (on which I've expounded previously) and, having spent most of my life in Arizona (where the seasons are hot and less hot), I get excited about watching the seasons change.  Usually these changes occur gradually: the leaves turn and fall throughout the autumn months, and they grow ever so slowly during the spring.  This past week, however, has been an absolute explosion of springtime.  This is what the tree in front of our house looked like on Sunday afternoon:


And these photos were taken yesterday:







It's been so exciting, especially because I'm not stuck in a dreary office all day; I can actually enjoy the weather.  I know this is just a tease, and we're in for two months of rain and those few and far between taunting warm days, but this was a nice reminder that winter really doesn't last forever.




almost there


No comments:

Post a Comment